– 27 civilians have been killed in dozens of airstrikes across Lebanon. There were 40 air bombs, mainly in southern Lebanon and the outskirts of Beirut. 10 of the victims were children. 10 of the people killed came from the same family in the village of Dweir.
– Beirut International Airport’s been closed after Israeli jets attacked the terminal building and destroyed the runway. It’s the country’s only international airport.
– The ports have also been bombarded, meaning there is no way into or out of the country – except the Syrian land borders on the other side of the mountains.
– Israeli soldiers have entered Lebanon for the first time since the occupation ended in 2000.
– And Al-Manar TV, which revealed the Israeli soldiers had been captured before the Israeli army wanted the information made public, has also been attacked.
It comes a day after 2 Israeli soldiers were captured in an attempt to release the thousands of Lebanese prisoners held in Israel jails for decades.