Some of the achievements of the Siniora government (from UNESCO via the excellent Blogging the Middle East).
– Only one in ten Lebanese primary teachers have received training (equal to Sudan – in Iraq and Palestine, all teachers are trained).
– 12.7% of government expenditure is spent on education (compared to 20% in Djibouti, Morocco, Oman, and UAE).
– There were fewer power cuts during Israel’s war on Lebanon (when Israel was targeting power stations) than there are now.
– The government gave the Ministry of Energy and Water 0.5% of all the money it spends in 2005 (before Siniora came to power it was 1.1%).
– The government gives the National Lottery 0.7% of all the money it spends.