Now on Twitter

April 7th, 2009 · 6 Comments · Syria News Wire

Tweet tweet. The Syria News Wire is on Twitter. Follow @syrianews.

I’ve been doing it for a while – and yes, I have fallen under the Twitter spell. But I promised I won’t blog about it until I hit 100 followers.

As well as the latest headlines from Syria, you’ll get links to stories from around the internet. And my inane comments to other Twitterers.

I’ve met some very interesting people on there, and learnt a lot.

The prize for my 100th follower goes to pan-Arab newspaper The National, you can follow them on @tn_middleast.

It all started during the war on Gaza when Yazan persuaded me to join, you can follow him on @zozo2k3.

• 1 Anas // Apr 7, 2009 at 4.02 pm

I was gonna suggest that you add your twitter feed do the sidebar, but I see you already did, although WP seem to do a lousy job of importing the tweets.
    I had no intention of asking people to follow me (@anasqiesh) whatsoever 😉

cheers Sasa,

• 2 Sasa // Apr 7, 2009 at 4.04 pm

Haha! Subtle. I think people should follow @anasqtiesh too!

• 3 Global Voices Online » Syria: News From Syria on Twitter // Apr 7, 2009 at 10.52 pm

[…] tweet. The Syria News Wire is on Twitter. Follow @syrianews,” writes News From Syria. Many bloggers are now pairing their blogging activities with Twitter. Cancel this […]

• 4 pamela // Apr 9, 2009 at 11.45 am

There must be a brontosauus messing twitter up in Syria (not an elephant !) i tried to reply to your messege (ompam53) anyway the news about hammedia was on the radio and is on syria-news.com

• 5 pamela // Apr 9, 2009 at 4.00 pm

I found a link here , http://www.aksalser.com/?page=view_articles&id=dea69f5c404aed945eae90145d30dd1b&ar=298152796
    couldnt find anything on Syrian news today either , but it was there yesterday!!and I heard it on Syria fm ,My Arabic isn,t so good so perhaps you might find a better link with more juicy info!!

• 6 pamela // Apr 10, 2009 at 7.51 am

Hi sasa , i,m very sorry to keeep posting on your blog , but I cant get my messeges sent through twitter, I can read everyone elses but I cant post , I tried ur e-mail but that didn,t work !! Anyway this is what i managed to get , I wanted to get the whole page but couldn,t as u can tell I,m not very computer savvy !! if I hear anythig else I will certainly let you know ,
    ???? ??? ????? ??????? ????? ????? ??? (15) ?????? ?????? ?????? ?? ??? ???? “????????” ????? ????? ??? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?????? ??? ??? ????.

??? ??? ??? ????? ?????? ???? ??? ???? ?? ??????? ??????? ???????? ???????? ?? ?????? “???????? ????????” ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ??????? ?? ????.

?????? ????? ?????? ?? ??? “????????” ??????? “??????” ???? ?????? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ????? ?? ????? ????? ??? ??? ???? ?? ????? ???? ??? “???????” ???????? ?? ??? ??? ????? ??????? ????? , ????? ??? ????? ?????? “?????? ???????” , ??? ????? ??? ?????? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ??????? , ?????? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ????? ????? ??? ???????.

????? ????? ???????? ???? ?????? ???? ????? ???????? ?? ??? ?????? ????? ??????? ???????? ?????????? ?????? ???? ?? ???? ??? , ???? ????? ??? ?????? ???????? ??????? ?? ??????.

??? ?????