Syrian Drama TV channel launches

April 9th, 2009 · 33 Comments · Media

picture-1The long awaited Syrian Drama channel has finally launched. Although someone forgot to take the ‘test transmission’ label off the screen.

At first, it will only broadcast Syrian made productions. There has been a long discussion about whether to show drama from around the Arab World, or whether this should be a celebration of Syrian drama.

But the focus isn’t just on Syria. There will be a series about Arab comedy – from Syria, Egypt and across the Arab World.

There will also be a focus on award winning drama, with a regular one-hour slot for films which have received global recognition.

And for expatriates, many series are going to be translated into English, French and Spanish.

Syrian Drama is now available across the world (ArabSat, Hotbird Europe and Galaxy in North/South America). But Egyptian-owned NileSat is refusing to carry the channel.

• 1 masroor // Jul 30, 2009 at 4.29 pm

well done! brilliant channel with wonderful dramas. I tuned in to this channel by chance a month ago since I did not miss to watch it.
    ‘ Hayol mazar’ the best one. its shame I watched its last episode. although my arabic is not very good to undretsand the drama I watch but I still understand then whole thing. not only that watching syrian drama I feel that I was once in that community.
    Thank for braodcasting such great programmes.
    Massalama
    Masaroor

• 2 nabil abdelahad // Aug 2, 2009 at 4.34 am

Hello…
    We like this channel and we are so proud to have achannel like Drama tv. But we have a request as we live in united states to keep our kids watching arabic channel.
    To broadcasting the series of Jamil And Hana’a or the fa

• 3 nabil abdelahad // Aug 2, 2009 at 4.35 am

or the family of five stars and the tay’r
    And thankyou for all you have done
    God bless you and bless Syria

• 4 nadia // Aug 20, 2009 at 10.37 pm

when is that knew cahnnel comeing!

• 5 hakim // Aug 20, 2009 at 10.55 pm

i like more to wach the drama and specialy in ramadan and i live in USA end my favourit drama in ramadan is bab alharra

how can i wach this drama plz?

• 6 hakim // Aug 23, 2009 at 3.28 am

i dont know how to wash the drama syrian ay usa ?
    i have no tv cable and i need to wash it at internet so how can i know do that if someone knows how do that ?
    just sent me message

• 7 Tarzi // Aug 26, 2009 at 12.40 pm

Dear Sirs
    My wife is from Syria and like to watch your Drama channel.
    Could you provide the full one week or more program of your broadcasting.
    Regards,
    Seddiq Rahpoe Tarzi
    Germany

• 8 riham // Jan 17, 2010 at 5.38 pm

Dear Sirs
    well im from lebanon i like the drama channel alot it s amaizing and nice dramans in it and then we thnk u a lot for the syrian dramas wonderful but i have a problem in the morning the image is very high and nice but in the afternoon the photo disappear onloy the voice rest means we cant see the footo but only we can hear voices and i thank u a lot chtaura-bekaa

• 9 riham // Jan 26, 2010 at 9.01 pm

hello how r u all?well we need to watch some of ur amaizng dramas such as ahl el raya and al souraya and some coedies such as jamil and hana2 and thank u alot for this exciting amaizing tv thank u all but pls we prefer them to be @night @8 if u can and thanks

• 10 Masroor // Feb 2, 2010 at 2.47 pm

Hello every body!
    The best drama nowadays going on ‘soria drama’ is ‘Babol maqam’.
    I congratulate every one of the Syrian TV channel for making abd showing such a beautiful programmes. every programm I watch I feel I was once part of that environment, although I am not from Syria.
    Good luck and may Allah be with you.

Masroor

• 11 Raed ibn al sham // Feb 2, 2010 at 5.08 pm

Love this channel, have been watching since its start. Finally Syria takes a giant leap to show the world our culture and clean up some of the crap Egyptian drama had up front.

• 12 You arethe best // Mar 19, 2010 at 2.38 am

you are the best

• 13 majed // Mar 21, 2010 at 6.26 am

We love syria drama,it is the best keep the good work like allways god bless.
    the sound is realy bad it is loud and noisy sometime is hard to understand we tried at our neibour satelite and it is the same if you can adjust or see if you can do anything about it please we live in canada thanks.we pick up the satelite on telestar5 CBand 11789V in canada
    can i request to put for us mousalsal makaleb ghawar in the future we love it thanks

• 14 shapooir // Apr 9, 2010 at 5.18 pm

hi-?? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ????????? ????

• 15 Belinda // May 2, 2010 at 12.51 am

i love Syria Drama its like the best and i watch lots
    of shows in it .I love all the actors that act in Syria
    Drama

• 16 mohammed // Sep 9, 2010 at 6.57 pm

dear syria drama thanks for bringing us the veiwers excellent programes we all can enjoy. my request to you is that you show older comedy seires and also all programes be in full sreen and not in widesreen. also never show continoues headline below sreen as it is the main reason i stopped watching syria satellte channel . thanks

• 17 azzi // Sep 17, 2010 at 2.04 pm

j’ai pas vu la fin du feuilleton el dabour ?????

• 18 azzi // Sep 17, 2010 at 2.06 pm

qui pourait me raconter la fin du feuilleton el dabour ou medire ou je pourai le suivre???

• 19 azzi // Sep 17, 2010 at 2.07 pm

qui pourait me raconter la fin du feuilleton el dabour ou me dire ou je pourai le suivre???

• 20 ahlam // May 14, 2011 at 2.20 am

rutha is the best actor in ahl al raya

• 21 ahlam // May 14, 2011 at 2.21 am

if u watch bab al hara u no mutaz i love him
    hes so hot

• 22 Walter William Safar // Jul 5, 2011 at 6.47 pm

The Syrian people must have civic rights to freedom of expression.
    Remember:neither a dictator and the army can not kill the voice of Freedom!!
    Only cowards and thugs shoot at civilians, a brave and honorable soldiers protect civilians.

Syrian soldier,Syrian officer,Syrian politician,Syrian people:REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    Walter William Safar poet

NAMELESS GRAVE

Demonic fires blaze in the eye of the stone palace,
    and me,
    I only stand in the dark beneath the sky
    that reaches its invisible hands
    out towards scores of nameless graves.
    For callous dictator Assad,
    they are but nameless graves
    upon which no one’s tear fell.
    They were silently and swiftly buried into the black soil,
    without speeches and tears,
    without too many imprints
    on the black soil.
    (They say that everyone’s life is worth attention,
    and that the dark truth is that only death equally appreciates each life)
    And while they treacherously, silently and swiftly
    dug a new nameless grave,
    only death was faithfully listening to the crickets
    feverishly spluttering away in the dark
    to honor the dead child.
    In the hazy grave lies the child,
    like a shadow of many dreams,
    and the raindrop,
    brought from the honorable mountain
    by the honorable wind,
    softly and timidly trembles
    on the dead poet’s white face,
    like an angel’s tear.
    And dictator, tycoons and thugs
    are sitting in the golden loges now,
    ghastly and faithfully acting:
    the righteous, the charitable, the Believers,
    crying their copper voices